Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Number 100

So I am hitting my 100th blog post on this blog and I'm not going to
try and do anything special so sorry.

I will tell a neat experience I had today though. A guy I work with
asked if I could get him a Book of Mormon, we have been having some
conversations about beliefs and things, and he was baptized into the
church quite awhile back and thought it might be a good study to do
again.

I brought an extra book with me today and wrote a note to him on some
printer paper I grabbed on the way out of the house. The most
interesting part of the experience today was his reaction to the
handwritten note. I didn't think anything of it, but he was genuinely
impressed to receive something handwritten.

That makes me wonder about what kind of legacy we might be on the
verge of leaving. I know that the most handwriting I typically do
these days are notes and brainstorming activities. The personal nature
of handwriting and the evodence of a person behind the writing may be
"on the way out" to some degree, but I think it has inspired me to do
more writing and possibly take up a handwritten journal again.
Wouldn't a journal be more precious to children if the ink was placed
by our hand. I am often quite pratical, but this seems beyond
practicality. Strange what I can learn while writing. (this blog post)

Super Guy
(on the move)

No comments: