Thursday, November 06, 2008

Making Headway in Quicksand

So my job is very interesting from a stability standpoint seeing that
if some things happen as planned I might end up doing a very different
job than I was originally hired to do.

In other situations this might not be a bothersome situation, but I
have been making relatively sugnificant progress at cleaning up the
backlog of "paper work" that has been accumulating for years. I think
I could get over my distaste for the duties I am to be given, I just
want to be given enough time to finish what I am working on because
otherwise it may start piling up again or just totally come to naught.
Every week or so some new thing comes up from some source to
potentially recreate my position, but luckily nothing has succeeded as
of yet.

Basically all I can do is keep going and hope that can get my work far
enough out of the pit to argue for it's necessary continuance over
other things.

It is some rough work and although at the end of the day I hit a
saturation point of frustration and fatigue I can usually face it
again by morning, and it much better than the alternatives. The new
job I would be given is a whole other story with even more room for
frustration, but I will leave that for another day if it comes to that.

Super Guy
(on the move)

No comments: