Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whole grain time dilated light experimentaion

That is a mouthful and also a good title for a killer bunnies card it
also contains three subjects that you will have to endure if you keep
reading.

Whole grain is a very important item for a good diet and since I have
been looking at ways to be more healthy with my practices I have tried
to find good foods to eat. I never thought of popcorn as a healthy
treat, but it is a whole grain and if you prepare it right can be a
good item for getting good grains into your diet who would has guessed
with the notorious image of movie popcorn covered in butter although
that will always be one of the tastiest ways you can have it.

Staring at a computer screen all day at what's more programs that look
like could have existed in the original windows days can do funny
things to your perception of time. One program is even fully text
based only keyboard allowed.

Honestly does anyone else feel like 2003 might as well have been the
90's or even the 80's. I get to the point of needing to look up a
record for a patient in 2003, 2004, or even 2005 and I feel like it
won't even be in the computer. It is like a time vortex in my office
robs me of all the technological advancement of the past 15+ years
even though I am listening to Internet radio and have an awesome iPod
in my pocket. I hardly mess with computer stuff at home lately and
that probably contributes as well.

Side track... My bus is totally missing today never came and I have
been waiting 30 minutes 10 more to go until the second bus shows up.
Weird and lame. In fact very lame I called UTA and they said "oh that
bus had a mechanical problem off I-15 you probably aren't going to see
that bus". Which says to me "Wasting 40 minutes of your time is no
sweat off our backs" they could have done something, but that would be
good business we couldn't have that could we. Arrrrrgh

Ok back to the pertinent topics of this post.

While waiting for the bus I played with my super tech nerd mirror
(also called an iPod touch) and saw that it makes a good signal
mirror. While seeing how far off I could see the reflected light I
came across a great demonstration of light absorbtion. I could see the
light on the Trax train across the street,but not on the black
portions. Best I can tell the fact that the beam was weakened by the
imperfect reflection made the absorbtion more apparentso that although
black absorbs light it isn't going to get all of it if you use a
flashlight for example, but a diffuse source like my iPod set up a
good show for absorbtion.

Sorry if I lost you on that last one it is better if you see it.

I might get to stand up for my ride to be a gentleman so I will sign
off.

Hagoda

Super Guy
(on the move)

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

You totally lost me after the popcorn. And I did know it was a very healthy snack, so long as it's plain. I actually enjoyed air-popped popcorn. They have seasonings you can buy to flavor it. They're not too bad for you, either. White Cheddar, Mmmm....