Friday, October 10, 2008

Thrashed

So yesterday was interesting to say the least. I had a mental
breakdown at work I think, and hope, that it was because I didn't get
enough sleep the night before. There is plenty of room for improvement
in the organization of my department and the clarity of what my job
really is.

It got better in the afternoon when I was able to do something that I
understand at least a little. I needed some sort of structure to keep
going forward and what I was trying to do in the morning was not
working that way.

This job is not easy by any means, but hopefully we can make it better
than it is. I really want to help it be organized so the next person
that might come in would be able to follow some sort of structure. The
program is still in it's infancy it seems and seems to be about as
organized as an infant at times.

One thing that would be really nice is if someone really knew the job
I am supposed to do. My "trainer" hasn't really even been trained. She
basically taught herself the job and for some types of jobs that might
work, but for a highly detailed job like ours without someone to back
you up and really train you there is a tendency to miss something or
just plain not understand.

I am thinking I might need to just get to the point that hopefully I
will understand it enough to leave some info behind and structure as
well.

Super Guy
(on the move)

No comments: