Friday, January 23, 2009

Poor Dying Laptop

So my laptop has severe power issues, if any of you know about my moms old laptop the battery gave out to the point that it didn't really function w/out being plugged in. My laptop is about there, at a full charge I can get about 30-60 minutes today it was considerably less and even interrupted me while I was writing this. I will probably breakdown eventually and buy a new battery, but not yet. I am excited today I got was able to download my last w-2 so I will be able to do my taxes very soon, although I should probably wait for my 1099 to come in. We should get some kind of rebate that will help boost us up, even though we won't get the $7500 tax credit that would have been very welcome. What is special about 4/8/2008 really? It makes no sense and it a huge slap in the face since I was ahead of it by less than 2 weeks. I guess we just have to make do and realize that this is just more evidence that government isn't the solution. Maybe if the rebate is enough I might even be able to get a new battery for my poor little faithful friend.

This laptop is going to be 3 in June, but it still works quite well and gets me through what I need to do. It has been quite a good investment overall.

No comments: