Monday, January 26, 2009

Alejarse

This was a better word than I could come up with in English so I am including it for your benefit. The best fit for the specific sentiment I wanted to express in English, that I have found so far, would be withdraw. I am making a concentrated effort this week to withdraw from the stresses and strains and politics of my job and really just let it go. It will be a long time, if it ever happens, before my workplace will change and honestly it is not worth the effort to "kick against the pricks" because they aren't going to change.

On a much lighter note I am looking for hobbies other than reading/writing blogs. I would like to make an attempt at programming, podcasting, or some other technology thing. Maybe I should make a renewed effort to making my audio books that I thought of doing once. I wish I knew how to market myself, because my dream job would be "Technology Consultant". I could teach people all sorts of things that they can do with their computer systems. How to really be a power user or come in and complete special projects for them on demand. My experience is so varied that it is hard to quantify it as any field in particular. I have lots of ability and drive it is really the vision that I am missing and something to try and accomplish.

No comments: