Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Needing a Salesman

So I have been thinking again about what kind of job I would like to
be doing or the direction I would like to take. I did a special
project developing a spreadsheet for one of my previous bosses last
week and I go thinking about how fun that was.

I think a fun job would be a private consultant. Mostly I would
consult on technological matters, but could branch into other areas as
needed. As an example of what I mean I will use this spreadsheet
development.

Let's say in my personal or work life I run into something that I
don't quite know how to do like make a spreadsheet to do some simple
accounting. If I have a lifeline I can call under these circumstances
to a person that can do it for me or can firfuee it out for me then
than would be a nice help. Similarly if I have a feeling that
something could be working more efficently, but I can't figure out
exactly how to accomplish it. I call in my consultant and he can help
get the job done.

I could work for multiple clients on a retainer basis so I would
always be on call an check in with my clients on a weekly basis.

What I really need is a salesperson to get me clients and this would
be a pretty cool system. Personal "tech support" as well as other
consulting support.

Super Guy
(on the move)

No comments: