Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gas leak fiasco

So the other day I am sitting in my office and my one of the other
phone on out system rings. Being curious as always and because
everyone else was out of the office at this point I checked the number
on our caller id. Is was a long string of ones and I wondered but
didn't tthink much of it.

Through the next few minutes and in fact throughout the rest of the
afternoon I was getting phone calls on my cell, email messages and
text messages announcing there was a gas leak just off university
campus.

The first phone call contained a list of buildings to be evacuated and
I wasn't really anywhere near those so I figured u would keep working
and not bother since my bus route wouldn't be affected or anything.

Another phone message came announcing the campus closure, but being
in the hospital is an interesting phenomenon since we aren't really in
the same rule set at main campus. I probably could have left and
wouldn't have ha to argue my point but I figured that I have to have
40 hours a week and why leave?

So long story made longer thanks for the worries or interest, but not
much to tell, although a guy I work with was in class at the time of
the closure and did decide to go home. He worked late yesterday to
make up for it. Too bad.

Hagoda

Super Guy
(on the move)

No comments: