Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Something better

Do you ever get the feeling that there has got to be something better.
That is what I feel I'm relation to my job. I have been out for a
couple of sick days helping take care of Jane and Gwen, but I know as
soon as other people get to work today it will start it's downward
march which has been the norm for over a month now.

A year ago when this whole episode of my life started I thought I was
going somewhere with all of this, but now I look back and forward and
wonder if this isn't the biggest dead end I could have ever gone down.

Some days it feels like the past 5+ years mean nothing and I am just
hanging out hoping beyond all hope for some deus ex machina to rewrite
some pages of this horrible nightmare world I have found. There aren't
many of these "machinas" in the real world though and I am not holding
out for any.

If I could build one that would be another story, but I don't even
have an inkling of where to begin. I have a degree in mathematics
doesn't that mean something to someone? I wish I knew who that
someone was. I have some advanced computers skills and a great variety
of knowledge. I wish I could find the market for me.

I can imagine that somewhere there exists a job that would fit me just
right, but I need more than imaginary jobs. At the very leaat I need
a direction to be headed because I am stagnant or in retrograde.

Blathering Blatherskite

Super Guy
(on the move)

2 comments:

tash8 said...

Sorry you don't like your job, but maybe you should just look at it as you DO have some kind of Job. Some I heard of are being layed off that is not good either. Right?

Mom Hunt said...

Yes, I agree with Tonia. You could be like you were a few months ago looking for a job. It may not be what you want right now and you may have to look really hard to find the positives in it and the people around you. But you do have a job. Lots of people are doing jobs that they don't want to. Drew is always complaining about his job and the money he is getting. Look at how flexible your job is not many could of taken off for two days. You have lots of time to do things you will probably change jobs lots of time. It would help you if you could look at the positive do not dwell on the negative. Otherwise you can get depressed also.