Thursday, November 08, 2007

GRE fun and Referendumb 1

I have just been very opinionated on a few things lately not something that happens often, but when people decide to mail me papers with Hilary Clinton and Al Gore on them I draw the line.  Vouchers and the whole debate took a dive at the polls and the state legislature and governor should be saying "Oops, seems we don't know what our citizens want"  I don't know that I truly have a well informed opinion on the voucher issue, but there were definitely flaws in some of the arguments for them and the holes were glaring.  Sorry just had to get that out.  As for the GRE fun in my title I was supposed to take the GRE Physics test last Saturday and the testers dropped the ball and no one was there when we (6 of us) showed up for the test.  I don't really need the test so I am trying to get a refund, but the testing company is being a little difficult or at least it feels that way.  I called I believe Monday or Tuesday and then Wednesday to try and request the refund. I was told Wednesday to fax a written statement that I did not want to retest.  Come today (Thursday) I was contacted by one of the test proctors and told that the person in charge of handling the case wanted me to submit in writing my rationale for getting a refund.  The big problem here was and is that I still don't know if that was in addition to the original email my assumption was that it was and my goodness I don't appreciate that.  My rationale is that there was a breach of contract and I simply want my money back. I wondered if I was being irrational, so I asked opinion of my supervisor at the SUU tutoring center and she backed my opinion so I felt a little better.  I hope that this doesn't cause too many problems, but it did cause at least a little undue stress.   Blahhh

No comments: