Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Crisis

It was interesting to learn about the word crisis on my mission and it applies perfectly to where I am at right now in my life. crisis |ˈkrīsis|
noun ( pl. -ses |-ˌsēz|)
a time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger : the current economic crisis | a family in crisis | a crisis of semiliteracy among high school graduates.
• a time when a difficult or important decision must be made : [as adj. ] a crisis point of history.
• the turning point of a disease when an important change takes place, indicating either recovery or death.
• the point in a play or story when a crucial conflict takes place, determining the outcome of the plot.

The main definition I had then related to a turning point or fork in the road. A point at which the continuance of a course is in question. We get to a point where our course seems to need alteration and our nature is often one of enjoying comfortable feelings and needing to alter course is often if not always uncomfortable.

Just a little more of my ranting and trying to settle my mind. I have ideas and they seem good, but nothing feels solid to me right now. To much shifting sand.

No comments: