Monday, April 06, 2009

"News"

As I was getting out of the car their was an extended news piece about
guns and gun control laws. I think it is reasonable to had certain
controls in place and all that, but I want to comment on a sad bit of
verbage that is a silly perpective. "[insert big number] of murders
were commuted by guns last [favorite period of time]". Followed by
mentioning the FDA pulling tainted food products if they caused a
similar number of deaths.

Guns can't murder they are inanimate objects, neither is tainted food
equivalent to murder, nor is there a total ban on peanut butter
because of an isolated incident, and ... You can't advocate banning
guns because they "commit murder" that currently impossible outside of
science fiction.

Just thought I would let everyone know that last I checked inanimate
objects were just that inanimate.

Super Guy
(on the move)

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

If only my dad could have your insight on the subject - he's all for the right to own a gun, but he doesn't approach it sensibly. He just finds quotes from Adolph Hitler and compares him to Barack Obama. Ridiculous man, my father.